Needing Chimney & Fireplace Services in Clear Lake, TX? Lords Chimney Has You Covered
Just to the southeast of Houston sits the charming and picturesque community of Clear Lake, TX. This hidden gem is named after the beautiful Clear Lake, which glistens in the Texas sun, providing a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Home to the renowned NASA Johnson Space Center, where astronauts train and space missions are orchestrated, it’s no surprise Clear Lake, TX is a hub for science enthusiasts and adventurers eager to explore the mysteries of the universe.
If it isn’t space that brings you to this part of Texas, then it has to be the natural beauty of the surrounding landscapes and recreational opportunities it provides. Armand Bayou Nature Center offers an escape into the wilderness, where you can immerse yourself in marshes, forests, and wetlands – all while observing local wildlife along its five miles of trails.
Just on the other side of the lake is the Kemah Boardwalk. Here, you can experience the thrill of amusement park rides, try your hand at classic carnival games, and savor your favorite carnival foods. It’s the perfect place for thrill-seekers to get their fill of adrenaline, families to create lasting memories, and couples to enjoy a romantic stroll along the scenic shoreline.
With its natural beauty and so much to do, it’s no wonder people are coming from all over to call Clear Lake, TX home. Whether you are new to town or have been here awhile, those of us at Lords Chimney understand how important it is to find a chimney company you can trust and rely on to ensure the safety and maintenance of your fireplace and chimney.
Having been in business for over 17 years, our team has built a strong reputation for excellence in Harris County and beyond. We are committed to delivering the highest quality inspections, sweepings, repairs, and installations so you can enjoy the warmth and comfort of your fireplace with complete peace of mind.
To start, give us a call today at 281-497-4000 or book an appointment directly on our website.
How Do I Find the Best Chimney Service Company in My Area?
When you search for chimney service companies in Clear Lake, TX, there are over 15 options that pop up. So how do you know which one to pick? There are a few things you can consider to help you make the right choice.
- Certifications & Licenses: Look for certifications from reputable and nationally recognized organizations, like the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) or the National Fireplace Institute (NFI), as well as the proper licenses from the state of Texas.
- Insurance: Liability insurance and workers’ compensation should be one of your requirements, as insurance protects you in case any accidents or damage occur on the job. Don’t be afraid to ask for proof of these if you have any doubts. Any reputable company would be happy to provide you with this information.
- Reviews: Reviews are one of the most easily accessible resources for gaining insight into a company’s reputation and the quality of service they provide. Be sure to not just look at their star-ratings, but also how they respond to bad reviews. Do they try to offer solutions to make things right? How committed are they to customer satisfaction?
- Experience: Choose a company with an extensive history in the chimney and venting industry. A well-established company with a long track record of excellence is more likely to have the experience and expertise needed to handle a wide range of chimney-related issues effectively.
- Trust Your Instincts: If something feels off about the company, listen to your gut feeling. If you sense any red flags or doubts, it’s worth taking a step back and considering other options to ensure you’re making the best choice for your peace of mind. Find a company that makes you feel good about doing business with them from the very first interaction.
If you’ve spent hours scouring the internet looking for a company that checks all the boxes, then we are happy to inform you that you’ve finally arrived at the right place. Lords Chimney is licensed and insured, has over 17 years of experience, and if you look at our reviews, you’ll find hundreds of 5-star reviews left by our satisfied customers.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today to book your appointment, and experience the difference that our expertise and dedication to exceptional service can make for your chimney and fireplace needs. Our number is 281-497-4000.
How Often Should I Have My Chimney Cleaned & Inspected?
We, along with the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) recommend that your chimney and fireplace be inspected and cleaned at least once a year. That said, there are a few instances where we would recommend more frequent appointments. If you note the following, be sure to give us a holler:
- Excessive Creosote Buildup: Creosote has a very distinct look to it. It is dark in color and often resembles a thick, tar-like substance. Over time, it can build up in layers that are highly flammable. Even though creosote sweeping logs are available for purchase, these products shouldn’t replace professional chimney cleaning and inspection services. Only certified chimney technicians can ensure that your chimney is thoroughly cleaned and safe to use.
- Smoky or Foul Odors: If you begin to notice smoky or other foul odors coming from your fireplace, this could indicate a blockage. When smoke can’t properly vent out of the chimney, the only place left to go is into your living space. Since it is hard for most people to thoroughly inspect and diagnose chimney blockages themselves, it’s important to schedule an inspection before these issues worsen.
- Difficulty Starting or Maintaining a Fire: Restricted airflow can also make it difficult for you to start or maintain a fire, which isn’t just frustrating for you, but can also compromise the efficiency and safety of your fireplace.
- Soot Falling into the Firebox: Anytime soot is falling into the firebox, it’s an indication that there is probably a blockage high up in the chimney – or possibly even incomplete combustion taking place. Both of these require immediate attention to ensure the safe and proper functioning of your fireplace.
- Presence of Animals or Nesting Materials: A warm, dark environment is very inviting to birds, squirrels, raccoons, and sometimes even bats. These are all guests we believe you wouldn’t be excited about dropping by unannounced. And under no circumstances should you try to smoke them out yourselves. Instead, call Lords Chimney to properly remove them before you resume using your fireplace.
Get Your Free Virtual Assessment Today!
Services We Provide in & Around Clear Lake, TX
We are much more than a chimney sweep and inspection company. We are your trusted experts in all aspects of chimney and fireplace care. In order to earn your trust, we provide a comprehensive list of services to residents in Clear Lake, Webster, Friendswood, League City, Seabrook, Kemah, and many areas beyond.
- Chimney Inspections: Level 1 inspections are our most basic chimney inspections, but we also offer more in-depth level 2 or 3 options. For these, we use special cameras that provide a 360 degree view of your chimney, so you can rest assured we are catching every minor crack in those hard-to-see areas.
- Chimney Sweeps: Using a series of rotating brushes and high-powered vacuums, we are able to clean every component of the chimney – the firebox, smoke chamber, damper, smoke shelf, and flue liner.
- Chimney & Fireplace Repairs: There are lots of components in a fireplace and chimney that must be working properly to ensure safe and efficient operation. From diagnosing smelly and smoky chimneys to pressure washing, tuckpointing, and beyond, we’ve got you covered for it all.
- Chimney Leak Resolution & Brick Repair: The problem with water leaks is they have a tendency to disperse beyond their initial point, leading to extensive damage and increasing repair costs, if not addressed quickly. Don’t let minor leaks turn into major headaches. Instead, take immediate action by calling the experts at Lords Chimney.
- Chimney Relining and Repair: A chimney liner acts as the first line of defense inside your chimney against smoke, toxic gases, and high temperature exposure. When you need it repaired or relined, we have a couple of options including stainless steel line installation and HeatShield resurfacing. If you aren’t sure what that entails, that’s ok! We would be happy to discuss the pros and cons of each, and help you make an informed decision on which is best for you.
- Fireplace Replacements & Facelifts: By now, you shouldn’t be surprised to know that we also specialize in everything from chimney repair services to chimney restorations. Since we are meticulous in the way we assess, repair, and restore chimneys, you can rest assured that every detail is handled with precision and expertise to guarantee the safety and longevity of your chimney system. Wanting to weigh your options on installing a new gas fireplace instead? We can help with that too.
- Dryer Vent Services: A clogged dryer vent restricts air flow, which can lead to overheating, reduced appliance efficiency, and even fire hazards. Most homeowners don’t realize that regular dryer vent cleaning is an important part of home maintenance. If that’s you, then don’t delay on getting your appointment booked with us.
Why Lords Chimney Is Better Than the Competition
Lords Chimney is the superior choice in the chimney and fireplace industry because we continuously invest in ongoing training and certification for our technicians, stay updated on the latest industry standard, and use state of the art equipment to deliver the highest quality services that exceed your expectations.
As a local company, we understand the specific needs of the Clear Lake, TX community and are committed to serving our neighbors with integrity and care. Join the many satisfied homeowners who have made Lords Chimney their trusted partner in chimney and fireplace safety.
Give us a call at 281-497-4000 or conveniently book online now.