We’re Proud To Offer Quality Fireplace Accessories for All of Your Home Heating Needs
Love the overall look and aesthetic of your current fireplace setup, but feel like something is just… off? Or maybe it seems like something is missing? Well, it sounds to us like you need some quality fireplace accessories. If you are in need of any of the following, Lords Chimney can help you find the right fit for your needs, style, and budget:
- Fireplace mantels, both custom and pre-made
- Fireplace surrounds made of marble, granite, travertine, or slate
- Fire screens in a variety of materials
- Fireplace grates
- Glass doors to add protection, style, and energy savings to any fireplace
- Log baskets, totes, holders, buckets, and racks
Ask About Financing Options!
Get Your Estimate Today!
We Offer Custom & Premade Mantel Options
A beautiful, well-crafted mantel can take a boring hearth and turn it into a work of art. If you’re tired of looking at the same old mantel, or if you want to add functionality with a storage mantel, Lords Chimney can help. No matter what size hearth you have or what style, we offer a wide range of options to suit every circumstance – both premade and custom-built.
- Are you looking for a piece that creates architectural interest or would you rather have something that gives you some added function to your fireplace?
- Hoping for a more modern and sleek look or for something more traditional?
- Wanting a big, bulky centerpiece or something more minimal?
Whatever you have in mind, our expertly crafted mantels are sure to meet your needs. Our skilled craftsmen also love to refurbish older mantels to preserve their history and design. Long story short – just let us know what look, style, and function you’re going for, and we’ll make it happen.
Looking for some specifics?
Some of the custom and premade mantel options available to you through Lords Chimney include:
- Mantels with a surround facing
- Shelf mantels with or without corbel moulding
- Mantels specially made for cabinet or corner fireplaces
- Built-in storage for televisions
- Mantel shelves ranging from simple to ornate
- Mantels made of natural stone, marble, granite, travertine, slate, brick, or wood
- Mantels in a variety of colors and finishes
- Hand-carved period reproductions
We really do strive to provide our customers with as many mantel choices and options as possible. If you know what you want, we will do everything we can to make it happen. Not sure what type of mantel you want? Our helpful staff members would be more than happy to discuss your preferences and needs with you so that you can make the best choice for your home.
And if it’s not already out there, we’ll custom build the perfect mantel for your hearth. Call us today at 281-497-4000 or set up your complimentary consultation online today.
Address Backdrafting Issues With a Ventilation Fan
If your fireplace is not venting correctly, you will find that smoke, soot, and/or carbon monoxide may be entering your home and polluting your air supply. Backdrafting can bring with it unpleasant odors, as well as create stains on your ceilings, walls, and curtains. In addition, backdrafting can present some very real dangers to your home and family if smoke or hazardous fumes enter your living space.
If you’re having problems with your chimney system, a ventilation fan – or chimney fan – may be just the ticket to fixing your drafting problems. Installed on the top of the chimney flue, the fan will create an updraft in your chimney that will ensure that no smoke or carbon monoxide leaks back into your home.
How does it work?
A chimney fan works by sucking the smoke from your chimney flue. These fans are especially great for oddball fireplaces, such as corner fireplaces and see-through fireplaces, and are also great solutions for fireplaces that are perpetually backdrafting and stinky.
Most models operate via a speed control unit that’s installed near your fireplace. With this you can control the fan’s speed, allowing you to adjust how much heat is being pulled out of your home. These fans are quiet, energy efficient, reliable, and work with a wide range of heating appliances – both wood and gas-burning. They can also be used when the fireplace is not in use to clear the room of other odors.
A Lords Chimney technician can install a ventilation fan for you quickly, with relative ease, and without mess. In no time, your draft issues will be a thing of the past.
Please note that a ventilation fan is just one possible solution to backdrafting. It will be important to have your chimney professionally inspected prior to the installation of a ventilation fan to ensure the smoking issue isn’t actually due to other damage in the system. But rest assured, if there are any other repair or installation services you need to resolve this problem, our crew can help with it all.
Enhance Your Fireside View With A Beautiful Set Of Glass Doors
Glass doors are designed not only to enhance the beauty of your hearth, but also help protect your pets, children, and home furnishings from open flames and errant sparks and embers. Lords Chimney sells and installs glass fireplace doors for our customers in a variety of styles, finishes, and sizes – both for masonry and prefabricated fireplaces.
Have a masonry fireplace? There are a large variety of fireplace doors that masonry fireplaces can be equipped with, including steel (which allows for unlimited customization) and aluminum. Our knowledgeable staff would be more than happy to discuss your options with you.
Using a prefabricated fireplace? If yours is a prefabricated (or factory-built) fireplace, we can find the right glass door to allow for proper airflow. Our skilled and knowledgeable staff members know just what your prefab fireplace needs in order to work as safely and efficiently as possible.
No matter what system you’re equipped with, there are plenty of options in mesh curtain, mesh doors, beveled glass, glass color, bi-fold, or twin doors. If you’re ready to add protection and enjoyment to your fireplace, you’ll want to check out our collection today. Whatever your style or taste preference, Lords Chimney can help you out.
Why are the pros of having glass doors installed?
- They help protect your carpet or hardwood flooring from sparks
- They keep sparks from landing on your pets and any little ones
- They add beauty and sophistication to your room
- They have economical benefits, preventing air conditioning from escaping up your chimney and keeping your monthly bills in check
- They help to minimize air loss, so your home stays cool and comfortable
- They keep the heat in your space, improving system efficiency
- They help to prevent poor airflow or backdrafting
- They keep smoke out of your space
- They are relatively easy to maintain and clean
Live in the greater Houston area? If you’re looking to add a set of glass doors to your hearth setup, we can help you find just the right one to suit your needs and your style and to ensure proper draft. Reach Lords Chimney at 281-497-4000, or schedule an appointment online now.
Looking to Upgrade Your System’s Look With a Fireplace Surround?
A fireplace surround is pretty much just what it sounds like – a mantel with legs that surrounds your fireplace. It allows you the opportunity to upgrade your system without having to shell out the dough for a full renovation. The best part of these is that we offer a variety of material options, all of which come in a range of colors, so finding the perfect fit for your home won’t be a problem.
What are your material options with us?
- Marble: Looking for a facing that screams elegance and luxury? Marble is the way to go. These pieces are classic, timeless, and will offer that smooth, polished look to any living space. Choose from a variety of colors and styles.
- Granite: Granite pieces are known for being durable and for creating a strong, striking focal point. If you’re looking for something that’s both practical and aesthetically-pleasing this is the way to go. And, like with marble, your style options are endless.
- Travertine: How about something a bit more unique? Travertine has a porous and textured appearance – a more natural look with distinctive patterns. These tend to come in warmer color options, like beige, cream, tan, or brown.
- Slate: Sleek, modern, natural-looking… Slate is the go-to choice for countless homeowners because of its unique textures and ability to fit in with nearly any type of decor. Color options tend to be quite widespread, with many favoring shades of gray, green, brown, or black.
So, what’s best for you? If you’re still not sure, consider your overall style, what you have time to maintain, and how various options might fit in well with the furniture you already have in place. Or, if you still can’t decide, speak with our team. We’d be happy to help you work through it.
Fireplace Accessories: A Sound Investment Across the Board
Ok, so you’ve read through everything we offer, and you find yourself still on the fence. Sure, some of these things sound pretty great, but will it really be a worthwhile investment in the long run? Here are some additional perks we may have failed to mention:
- Improved home ambiance. Who isn’t always looking for a way to brighten up their living space and make it more welcoming? Many of our accessory options offer an easy way to do just that – without taking up a lot of your time or money in the process.
- Added safety bonuses. While most accessories are merely cosmetic improvements, others (like glass doors or ventilation fans) can offer your system a nice safety boost, as well.
- Enhanced convenience. Having some type of log holder or fireplace tool kit right next to your hearth not only improves and completes your system’s look, but it also makes using your fireplace that much easier too.
- Improved system efficiency. If you can find a piece that not only improves looks and safety, but also boosts efficiency and heat output, too, there’s really no reason not to invest in it straight away.
- Home value boost. There’s no denying that fireplaces offer a nice little boost to your home’s value, but if that same system is in great shape and looking its best? Well, that’ll only increase it more.
Let Us Meet All of Your Hearth-Related Needs
When it comes to your chimney and fireplace, we want to be the team of certified experts you rely on for it all. Whether you’re looking to improve the look of your fireplace’s face or you need something internal repaired, we’ve got you covered – from the firebox floor to the top of the chimney cap.
Give us a call at 281-497-4000 or schedule with us online now. We can’t wait to get started.