With being so close to the Gulf of Mexico – and the city sitting right next to Sabine Lake – it’s no secret that Port Arthur, TX is humid. But did you know that it is actually one of the most humid cities in the United States? While that fun fact is intriguing, our pride lies more in being recognized for the iconic Rainbow Bridge that enhances our skyline and serves as a captivating entry point for those visiting our remarkable city.When people aren’t trying to hide from the relentless heat by seeking refuge indoors, you will find them at places like the Museum of the Gulf Coast or taking a cool, refreshing dip on the beaches at Pleasure Island.
And as summers draw to an end and the temperatures become more tolerable, homeowners start putting their fireplaces to use. With extensive experience in chimney repair services and a commitment to exceeding expectations, you can count on the team at Lords Chimney to ensure your chimney is resilient against the elements and ready to warm your evenings.
Give our crew a call today at 281-497-4000 or book an appointment online. We can’t wait to hear from you.
What Kind of Chimney Repairs Does Lords Chimney Perform?
Consider Lords Chimney the umbrella of chimney repair services – we cover it all! From the chimney cap to the hearth, and everything in between, our certified chimney technicians have the expertise to confidently ensure the safety, functionality, and longevity of your chimney system. Contact us today if you’re in the Port Arthur, TX or any of the surrounding areas, and need help with the following:
- Masonry Repairs: It is actually rather surprising how vulnerable bricks and mortar are to moisture and other extreme weather conditions. The good news is that a well-maintained chimney can stand the test of time, which is why prompt repairs to any cracks or damage within the chimney are extremely important. There are a couple things we can do.
- Repointing: This is the process where deteriorating mortar joints between bricks are carefully removed and replaced with new mortar. This not only enhances the appearance of the masonry, but strengthens the structural integrity.
- Brick Replacement: If the damage is more extensive, you may start to see brickwork chipping off completely. If pieces of brick are falling off, we will remove the brick, fill the hole with mortar, place new bricks that match the current size, shape, and color of the existing bricks, and then seal the cracks with new mortar.
- Chimney Crown Repair: A chimney crown is the mortar or concrete slab at the very top of the chimney, right below the top of the flue. They are designed to protect the chimney from water and the little bit of overhang helps direct water away from your chimney. Because a chimney crown is constantly exposed to the elements, it is common for them to crack and deteriorate over time. A cracked crown can lead to chimney leaks, which can lead to further and more expensive damage.
- Chimney Liner Repair and Relining: A chimney liner is the first line of defense in protecting the chimney walls against the corrosive byproducts of combustion. In other words, it prevents heat, moisture, and acidic gases from penetrating the chimney masonry and causing damage over time. Because of the continuous exposure to high temperatures, chimney liners do crack over time, leading to possible leaks of dangerous gases within the walls of your home, reduced draft efficiency, and increased risk of chimney fires.
- Chimney Flashing Repair: Up on the rooftop, along the base of the chimney, you should find a thin metal material securely attached. This is the chimney flashing, and its purpose is to create a waterproof seal between the chimney and the roof. This is a vulnerable joint, and if water seeps into it, it can lead to leaks, rot, and other forms of water damage over time.
- Chimney Cap Repair: Years ago, chimney caps weren’t considered a necessary component for a fireplace. So, it’s not uncommon for older chimneys to not have one installed. However, after realizing how much a simple chimney cap protects your fireplace against rain, debris, animals, and even sparks that could lead to a fire hazard, their importance became a lot more evident.
- Damper Repair: A chimney damper is the device that is designed to control the airflow and draft of a fireplace. A well-functioning damper should be easy to open and close completely. One of our personal favorite upgrades on a chimney is to install a top-sealing damper. Rather than sitting in the throat of the chimney, where it is difficult to locate, a top-sealing damper sits on top of the chimney. The advantage of one of these is that it provides a better seal, and effectively seals out rain, debris, and animals when the fireplace isn’t in use.
- Chimney Waterproofing: A great line of defense from allowing brick to naturally absorb water is by applying a waterproof sealant to the exterior of the chimney. This protective coating not only helps prevent moisture infiltration, but helps maintain the structural integrity of the masonry over time, as well.
- Firebox Repair: Inside of your fireplace, the walls are made up of firebrick and refractory mortar that can withstand the extreme temperatures from your fires. However, with regular use, these materials can become damaged. Any cracks, holes, or loose brick are evidence enough that you need firebox repair services.
- Chimney Restoration: Sometimes, the damage done is just too far beyond providing simple repair work to restore the chimney’s safety and functionality. When this happens, a complete chimney rebuild might be necessary to ensure that the structure meets current safety standards and is capable of serving its intended purpose for years to come.
It’s important to note that all repairs needed will depend on the condition of your chimney and the issues identified during a professional inspection. Lords Chimney has certified chimney technicians that can conduct thorough inspections and sweeps, provide accurate diagnoses, and make recommendations for appropriate repairs that are tailored to your needs.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get you on the schedule today! If you’re in Port Neches, Nederland, Port Neches, Viterbo, or West Port Arthur, you can reach us at 409-240-0013 or conveniently book an appointment on our website.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Chimney Repair Services?
In the event of sudden and accidental damage from hurricanes, tornadoes, hail, or even lightning strikes, your homeowners insurance is likely to cover the bill. It is important to speak with your insurance provider about your coverage because terms vary in every policy, and the specifics of coverage can be quite different depending on the company.
For instance, some companies may cover the expense of damage due to a chimney fire, while others won’t if it is caused by failure to maintain the chimney with regular cleanings and inspections. Clarifying the extent of coverage for chimney repairs, maintenance, and related damages will help you make informed decisions about how to best protect your home and investment.
Other Services Lords Chimney Can Help With
We are much more than a chimney repair company. In fact, we offer many more services to homeowners in the Port Arthur, TX area including:
- Chimney Inspections: Depending on the level of care you are needing, we offer level 1, level 2, and level 3 inspections. Level 1 overviews are the most common, while level 2 and level 3 inspections allow us to see a more in-depth view of your chimney using a special 360-degree camera. Whether the inspection is needed for yearly upkeep or because you are needing an opinion on upcoming chimney repair, Lords Chimney can help. >
- Chimney Sweeps: Another regular service recommended by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), chimney sweep services help clear the chimney and fireplace of creosote, ash, and debris. Allow us to assist you in eliminating the risk of fire hazards and other dangerous byproducts from entering your home – book with us today.
- Chimney Leak Resolution: Mold and mildew growth, flue liner deterioration, water damage, rusted metal components, and structural damage are all potential problems that can arise from one little leak. Just the thought of the cost of those repairs can give anyone serious anxiety. Don’t let seemingly minor leaks go unchecked, as they can quickly escalate into significant – and expensive – problems.
- Fireplace Replacements & Facelifts: We specialize in chimney restoration and repair services to help you get that old chimney back to looking and functioning as good as new again. Our expertise and attention to detail will ensure that your chimney is not only aesthetically restored, but also brought back to its optimal working condition. If you’re fed up with the old, unreliable fireplace, it might be time to consider a sleek, new gas fireplace instead. We can help carefully remove your old fireplace and set you up with a customized solution that meets your exact needs.
- Dryer Vent Services: When was the last time you had your dryer vent looked at? Most homeowners don’t realize that getting your dryer vent cleaned is highly recommended at least once a year. Why? Because, just like the chimney, the dryer vent functions to eliminate potentially harmful fumes and gases from your home – and when they are clogged, they pose a huge risk for fires and carbon monoxide leaks. It’s just not worth the risk of putting it off any longer.
Quit Postponing – Schedule Your Chimney & Venting Services Today
There is no better time than the present to get on the schedule with Lords Chimney for all of your chimney and fireplace services – do it now, while the thought is still fresh in your mind.
Let us be a trusted partner in Houston and all of its surrounding areas in helping ensure the safety, efficiency, and longevity of your fireplace. Our certified technicians are not only skilled in their craft, but also dedicated to providing you with top-quality service. We are here to offer valuable insights, answer your questions, listen to your concerns, and guide you towards making informed decisions regarding your fireplace.
With Lords Chimney, you’re not just getting a service – you’re getting a commitment to excellence and guaranteed peace of mind. When you’re ready to experience the Lords Chimney difference, reach out to us