Do you own a wood-burning fireplace, but aren’t loving the work and commitment required to operate it? There’s no denying a crackling fire enhances the atmosphere of your living space, especially when the weather is chillier, but if the effort of building and maintaining fire (plus all the clean-up afterwards) is putting a damper on your evenings, then it might be time to consider some updates.
One great option comes in the form of a gas fireplace insert. These units can be installed directly into your existing fireplace, leaving you with an easy and effective way to enhance your fireplace experience for many years to come.
Check out some of the many benefits of switching to a gas insert, then be sure to reach out to the team here at Lords Chimney with any questions or concerns. We’d love to help you out with it all!
Advantages of a Gas Fireplace Insert
Ready to reap the benefits of a gas insert? We don’t blame you – check out all you have to gain below.
- Heightened Efficiency: You won’t be short on heat with a gas fireplace insert. With wood-burning units, you tend to lose a lot of heat up the fireplace, but not with gas inserts. You’ll have a lot more heat radiated into your living space, allowing you to really cozy up – and save on energy bills while you’re at it.
- Great Ambiance: Gas fireplace inserts come in a wide range of styles, sizes, and designs, so you’re sure to find something you can love and that’s unique to your tastes and preferences.
- Low Maintenance: Gas inserts are known for being easier to maintain. They don’t require you to scoop ash, haul wood, or build and maintain a fire. As long as you’re investing in those annual professional inspections, you should be good to go!
- Easy to Operate: Not looking for much hassle at the end of a long day? With a gas insert, all you have to do is switch it on, and you’ve got a cozy aesthetic to relax in. No stress, no mess, and no extra work on your end!
- Minimal Mess: With gas inserts, there’s no dealing with a messy ash pile, and there’s zero risk of stray sparks and embers flying off and damaging floors and furniture. Also, since it doesn’t burn wood, you won’t have to deal with creosote buildup, either.
- Cleaner Burn: Inserts are known for burning cleaner and nowadays finding ones that meet or exceed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards is never a problem. So, if you’re concerned about your carbon footprint, this is a great option!
Invest in a Professional Installation
Are you known for your DIY skills? If you tend to be handy around the home, you may be wondering if installing a gas insert is something you can do without the help of a professional sweep.
This isn’t something we recommend. Inserts are often advertised as being easy to install, but that doesn’t mean this process shouldn’t be completed by a professional. There are gas lines that need to be handled, as well as various other factors that will likely come into play, and all of these things should be done by someone who has been trained and educated. DIY attempts can lead to some dangerous scenarios for you and your household.
And don’t forget to make sure your sweep is Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certified, too! This ensures they put in the time and effort to be the best they can be by studying a long list of materials and taking an extensive exam. This certification needs to be renewed every 3 years, too, so rest assured, your sweep will always be up-to-date on any new industry news or advancements.
Need Gas Logs?
At Lords Chimney, we sell Peterson Real Fyre gas logs. These logs are known for their versatility, and they pour much less pollutants into the air than real wood logs. Whatever your needs and preferences are, whether that’s natural gas, liquid propane, vent-free, or vented, we’re certain we can find the perfect choice for you! In fact, vented options come in over 40 different realistic-looking style options, so you’re certain to find the right fit for your home, no problem.
Don’t Wait to Reach Out
Here at Lords Chimney, we love setting homeowners up with the fireplace system they’ve been dreaming of. We’re home to Texas’s only CSIA Master Chimney Sweep, Lee Roff, we’re certified with National Fireplace Institute (NFI), and we’re members of National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG).
We pride ourselves on always putting your safety and satisfaction first, and we’re known for always staying on top of the latest techniques and technologies in the trade. Ask around or do an online search to see our reviews, and you’ll quickly realize that we’re highly esteemed throughout our service area. There’s no crew better to trust!
Whatever your gas fireplace or insert-related needs are, we want to help. We can even discuss options for installing one of these systems outdoors!
Give us a call or contact us online today, and we can get this process started. We look forward to speaking with you soon!