Operating a chimney without a chimney cap can trigger countless issues for your chimney and fireplace. If you are missing a chimney cap or if your chimney cap is broken, then the time to get a new one installed is now!
How To Choose
There are a few factors to take into account when picking out your new chimney cap.
Consider the following
- Size: Ensuring that your cap is the appropriate size for your chimney is vital in ensuring it does its job properly. At Lords Chimney we can help you find the perfect cap for your needs!
- Fireplace Type: Whether or not you have a prefabricated fireplace makes an enormous difference as far as what type of cap you need installed. We can help you find a cap that works for your specific type of fireplace.
- Style: Looking for something to showcase your personal style or taste? We can customize a cap to fit it with any décor! We want you to be able to showcase your home, so it gains the attention it deserves. Call us now for more details and to learn what we can do for you.
Benefits of Chimney Caps
Choosing to go without a chimney cap causes lots of problems. Check just some of the many benefits you gain by having yours installed right away.
- Moisture Control: Moisture and masonry? Not a good combination. Too much water exposure can mean bad news for your chimney over time. The brickwork will wear down, water damage will occur in your home, and mold and mildew could accumulate. Save yourself tons of hassle and repairs costs down the line by investing in a sturdy cap today.
- Keeps Animals Away: Pesky woodland critters and birds love to nest in chimneys. If an animal enters and does not make it out, you’ll be faced with nasty odors and pest accumulation.
- Prevent Fires: A chimney cap will stop any stray sparks or embers from escaping onto your roof and potentially creating a house fire. Keep your home protected by investing in a chimney cap today!
- Ensure Good Air Flow: When leaves, twigs, and other materials get into your chimney, they can cause blockages that lead to smoke back-up and poor air circulation. On top of this, a home without a cap invites downdrafts, which also causes a lot of problems with air flow. Keep everything consistent and say good-bye to debris build up now – give a call and we can help.
Any more questions? No problem! The staff at Lords Chimney is standing by, ready to help you out with any and all of your chimney and fireplace needs. Check out our long list of services below, then give us a call today! You won’t regret choosing us!